Telling the stories

The following two videos are a telling of “Like Meat Loves Salt” a tale type with many variations.

There are echoes of this story in the Shakespeare tragedy of King Lear, the story of an aged king, dividing his kingdom between three daughters, who feels betrayed by his youngest’s answer.

Kari Maaren tells “The Well at World’s End” a story with similarities to the Frog Prince.

2 thoughts on “Telling the stories

1. I really love the story “The Well at World’s End” it meant that no matter what happens in life, keep a good heart. Well at the World’s End you don’t find struggle between Good and Evil it’s more about Fantasy story, it was more a battle to save the world .fantasy fiction and magic realism in children’s literature along with elements that brings about an attraction for young children to these types of literary works.

2. The story reminds me one similar tale, that my grandfather use to tell me when I was a child. I really enjoy the story, specially the happy ending where the father finally remembers his daughter. At the end he really understood the meaning words ” I love you father like the meat loves salt”